Microsoft has just improved Xbox multiplayer by adding Discord voice chat support to the console. You can gradually say goodbye to any hacks you may have devised in order to play your favorite Xbox games and chat on Discord at the same time, because you’ll soon be able to do it all natively. The highly anticipated update is set to begin rolling out to a select group of players first, followed by a beta test before being made available to the entire Xbox customer base.
Discord for Xbox will be available on both the Xbox Series X, Series S, and Xbox One, and once connected, you’ll be able to chat with friends regardless of whether they’re on mobile, PC, or Xbox. You’ll be able to enter a voice channel or participate in a voice call with your friends. This is a huge step forward, especially for titles that support cross-platform play between Xbox and other platforms. Previously, teaming up on voice chat in these games would have been difficult, but with the new update, all Xbox users will be able to simply jump on Discord and chat away.
The Xbox version of Discord will not have all of the features available on mobile and desktop, but it will have almost everything you need to support in-game voice conversations. Users will be able to see who is currently in the call and who is speaking at the time, as well as adjust sound levels, according to Microsoft. It will be possible to switch between Discord Voice and Xbox game chat at any time.
How do I enable Discord voice chat on Xbox?
If you want to start testing the new feature right away, you must first join the Xbox Insiders program by downloading it onto your console. Although there is no way of knowing when the Discord feature will be available to you, it shouldn’t be long, as Xbox’s most recent update on the situation indicates that Discord “will be available soon for everyone.” Follow the steps below to connect once you have access to the new app. Discord has also prepared a FAQ to assist you if you encounter any issues.
1.Press the Xbox button on your console to open the guide.
2. Open up Parties & Chats and then click Try Discord Voice on Xbox.
3. You’ll be prompted to scan a QR code. This is needed in order to link your Xbox and Discord account, and you’ll have to do this even if you have previously linked the two.
4. Both the Xbox and the Discord apps will guide you through the process of linking the accounts.
5. Once your accounts are linked, you can join any voice channel on Discord.
6. Your Discord app will now have a new button that says “Join on Xbox.” The Xbox app will then be used to connect your Discord voice chat directly to the console.
This is a much-needed feature, especially given that Discord is a huge favorite among gamers, with a rapidly growing userbase.